CNAME and A records can take up to 48 hours to propagate, so your site will not usually show up immediately. If your site still is not showing up after 48 hours, something is probably wrong. To figure out what is going on:
- Go to https://www.whatsmydns.net/ and select either CNAME or A from the drop-down menu.
- If you see red Xs, or do not see the correct host to the right of each location, this means that either the CNAME or A record was not set up correctly or the domain host is not propagating.
- Ensure the CNAME and A record is set up with the correct values listed above.
- If everything is set up correctly and you have waited 48 hours, but your site is not showing, please contact your domain host for more information.
- If you see green check marks and the correct host name, your CNAME and A record has been set up successfully.
Your Domain is Not Set Up Correctly
This error means either that:
- Your domain is not set up and/or propagated appropriately.
- To resolve this, please make sure you have followed the steps in this article and wait up to 24 hours.
- We are expecting a different domain name.
- To resolve this, make sure that the site URL in this interface has a www before it.
Domain Already In Use
This error means that another site in our system is using this domain. To resolve this, if another site in your account uses this domain, go edit that site and change its assigned domain. If no other sites in your account use this domain, please:
- Log in to your domain host and create a TXT record with the name value 'domainverification' and have its text value be 'proofofdomainXX-XX-XX' (where XX-XX-XX is the date). This will demonstrate that the domain's owner (you) is requesting the change.
- Contact our support team to explain the problem so that we can free up the domain for your use.
Still Need Help?
Our support team is available 18 hours a day, 5 days a week for any questions between 12:00 AM - 6:00 PM PST. Click the Help button in the lower right corner to contact support. A support agent will respond to your ticket as soon as possible. For more information, see How to Contact Support.