Billing System Overview
Our billing system works on a single subscription model. This means that all subscriptions and account billings are charged on a single day each month (Billing Day). On Billing Day, you’ll get up to two charges from Duda: one for all monthly subscriptions, and one for annual subscriptions that are new / renewed. Your Billing Day is set when you purchase your first plan from Duda.
You’ll be charged immediately for premium images. These invoices are issued immediately after purchase.
Sites that are included in your plan will be listed on your monthly subscription invoice, and you will not be charged for them.
If your payment method for billing fails, Duda will automatically bill your payment method up to 5 times in 21 days, with one attempt every 5 days. While we attempt to charge for payment, your account and sites will remain active. If your payment method is not updated by the date listed in the billing emails you have received, your account will be canceled and all your sites will automatically be unpublished
Account Plan Billing
Your account plan (Basic, Team, Agency, or White Label) is charged either monthly or annually. The charge is part of your monthly (or annual) invoice every time the plan renews.
Site Subscription Billing
Sites are charged either monthly or annually. Every month, you are charged for all sites with active monthly subscriptions that were purchased or renewed that month. Sites with annual subscriptions are charged once a year, on the annual subscription invoice issued for the month in which they were purchased / renewed.
In each account plan, there’s a number of sites that can be published at no charge. These are called Included Sites. To see how many sites come with each plan, see Plans.
Agency plans purchased before July 2020 may have 8 included sites.
Have unused Included Sites on your plan?
Newly published sites will automatically be counted towards the included sites. These sites will be listed on your monthly subscription invoice, and you will not be charged for them.
Upgrading to a plan with more included sites than you currently have?
When you upgrade, existing sites on monthly subscriptions will be counted towards unused included sites.
Change an included site to an annual subscription?
If you change an included site to a site with an annual subscription, you’ll be charged for the site according to the annual subscription rate. You’ll free up the included site and, if you are paying for another monthly subscription site, it will be counted towards this included site. It may take up 2 months for this to be reflected in your invoice.
- If one of your included sites has a store on a monthly subscription, you’ll be charged for the cost of the store, but not for the cost of the site.
- Sites purchased as Site-for-Life are not counted as included sites. New Site-for-Life plans are no longer available for purchase.
- Accounts migrating from a Duda legacy pricing plan (Duda Pro, SMB), or from a Basic and Team plan to a higher plan, may have sites with annual subscription even if they did not use all their included sites. Newly published sites will automatically be included sites.
How to Stop a Site from Renewing
You’ll be charged for your sites as long as their subscriptions are active. Subscriptions automatically renew every month or year, depending upon their plan. Unpublishing a site does not cancel its subscription renewal. To stop a site from renewing, cancel the renewal in one of the following ways:
- When unpublishing from the editor, check the Do not renew site subscription box.
- On the site payment page, change to toggle to Do not renew automatically.
Let’s say you did the following:
- Started your Duda trial on January 1, 2023.
- Published your first site on January 5, 2023 on the monthly plan (to ensure it will counted as your included site once you upgrade; annual sites are not counted towards included sites).
- Purchased a Team Account Plan on an annual subscription on January 10, 2023. Your Billing Day is now the 10th day of the month.
- Published your second site with a monthly subscription on January 20, 2023.
- Published your third site with an annual subscription on February 15, 2023.
You’ll be billed in the following way:
On January 10, 2023:
- Annual payment for Team account plan: $348.
- First published site: $0 (It’s an included site with the Team plan).
- Total: $348.
On February 10, 2023 (next Billing Day):
- First published site: $0 (included site with plan)
- Monthly payment for second published site: $14.99
- Total: $14.99
On March 10, 2023 (next Billing Day):
- First published site: $0 (Included Site with plan)
- Monthly payment for second published site: $14.99
- Annual payment for third published site: $144
- Total: $158.99, in two invoices:
- Charge and invoice for monthly payments: $14.99
- Charge and invoice for annual payments: $144
If you keep these subscriptions active and don’t publish any other sites, Duda will:
- Bill you $14.99 on the 10th of each month for your site with a monthly subscription, and bill you $0 for your included site.
- Bill you $348 every January 10 for your Team account plan.
- Bill you $144 every March 10 for your site with an annual subscription.
If you change a site or account subscription to one with a higher price, the unused portion of money that you already paid will be automatically prorated and go towards the upgrade. This may occur if you do one of the following:
- Change a site subscription from monthly to annual
- Change a plan subscription from monthly to annual
- Upgrade a plan (Basic to Team, Basic to Agency, etc)
- Add a store to a site that has a subscription
- Upgrade a store (Standard to Advanced, Advanced to Unlimited)
- Upgrade an app
Proration works the same way in all of these cases. We calculate the number of days for which you were already billed, divide by the total number of days in the subscription, and prorate accordingly.
Let’s say you are on the Team plan, purchased a monthly subscription site on January 1, 2020 and paid $13.
On January 10, 2020, you upgraded the site to an annual plan and added a Standard store, for a new cost of $204 when paying annually ($117 for the site, $87 for the store). Duda will use the $8.80 you paid on January 1, 2020 and didn’t yet use ($13 / 31 days of the month X 21 days you did not use), and bill you for $195.20 on February 1, 2020.
Billing for Apps
When you purchase an app, it has an independent subscription.
App subscriptions can be created even if there is no site subscription (for example, if the site has not been published yet, and has no subscription).
To stop an app subscription from renewing, simply remove the app from the site.
Receiving an Invoice
Each month on your account's Billing Date you’ll receive two invoices from Duda:
- Annual subscription invoice. For all annual subscriptions that were renewed since the last Billing Day, and all newly purchased annual subscriptions.
- Monthly subscription invoice. For all monthly subscriptions that were renewed since the last Billing Day and all newly purchased monthly subscriptions.
Invoices for premium images are emailed immediately.
To change any details on the invoice, contact support.
All invoices are accessible under the Payment screen:
- Open your account dashboard.
- Hover over your avatar in the top right corner.
- Select Payment from the drop-down menu.
How do I add or change information on my invoices?
To add or change any information on your invoices, see Update Your Billing Information.