Site Comments is a collaboration tool that enables your team to communicate with clients and each other while building sites. The entire review process is faster, clearer and more accurate, giving your clients better service, faster go-live, and allowing more time to scale your business. It also eliminates the need for alternative methods of communication (such as email, messages, phone calls, etc.) and creates a single channel for receiving feedback and responding to it.
- Internal communication between team members only (these comments can be marked as Internal - visible to team only so clients do not see them)
- Collecting feedback from clients as they review the site
- Making notes while building the site
- During the QA process
- Creating a record of comments and responses
Access Site Comments
The comments bar controls the Site Comments functions. The comments bar is located on the right of the screen and includes the following actions/tabs:
The bar can be minimized by clicking the X icon and can be reopened by clicking on the comments icon on the top bar.
Add Site Comments
To add site comment:
- Click the plus + icon on the comments bar. Comments can be added to any element on the site.
- Click on an element to add a comment. Hover on the element to help position the comment accurately.
- Choose whether you want the comment to be internal or visible to clients and your team.
- Enter your comment in the input field. You can also add an image as a comment by clicking on image icon in the bottom right corner of the comment field.
- Click Submit.
Reply To Site Comments
To reply to site comments:
- Open the comment you want to reply to. You can reply to comments via the comment itself or in the comments log. To open the comments log, click the Comments Log () icon.
- Click the comment text field, or click Reply in the comments log, and enter your reply.
- Click Submit.
Edit and Delete Site Comments
Comments can be edited or deleted by the person who creates them or by a team member.
- Open the comment you want to edit or delete.
- Hover over the comment, and click the more icon.
- Click Edit or Delete.
Resolve Site Comments
To resolve a comment and leave a record of it in the comments log click Resolve in the upper-right corner of the comment.
To see a list of all comments and display and reopen resolved comments, use the filter in the comments log. To open the comments log, click the Comments Log () icon.
To hide comments on a site, click the Hide Comments () icon.
Invite Clients to Add Comments
Inviting clients to add site comments is great customer service and improves the site design experience.
To add clients to site comments:
- If clients do not already have permissions to the site you will need to add them via Client Management. For more information, see Client Management.
- After they have access to the site, click the share icon on the right panel to open the Notification Setting.
- Choose Add Client Permissions.
- Select their name in the drop-down menu.
Once a client has been added to the site, they can review and add comments. They will also start to receive email notifications when someone adds, replies or resolves comments on their sites.
To remove clients from a site, click Remove next to their name. They will no longer have the site comments permission; other permissions will stay as is.
To learn more about Site Comments and the benefits they can bring to your business, see the following video.