Use Video Backgrounds to quickly add a video from YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion as a site background. Video backgrounds can catch a visitor's eye with moving content and add a stylish modern look to any site.
- To add a video background to your site, obtain the YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion URL you want to use.
- Right-click the row or column you would like to add this background to, then click Edit Design.
- Click the Video tab. You have the following options:
- Click Upload Video and select the video you want to upload. You can upload up to 200MB in all formats. You can upload video from your device, Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, Google Drive or record a video using your webcam.
- Paste the URL of the video you would like to use into the YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion URL textbox.
- Uploading a video will result in higher quality than YouTube or Vimeo videos because:
- The first frame of the video is used as the poster image.
- The JS being used is much lighter compared to YouTube and Vimeo.
- YouTube videos are not supported on mobile as they do not auto-play on iOS devices.
- Background videos will not play sound.
- Videos can take time and bandwidth to load, and can distract users from important links or text on your page, so use videos sparingly.
- Consider reducing the opacity of the video background to make the effect more subtle.
- When adding a Dailymotion video that is part of a playlist, make sure to only add the direct link to the video (and omit the playlist parameter, which looks something like this:?playlist=x1x2f3). If your video’s URL has this parameter, just remove it. For example: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x60ktex?playlist=x5x6f2 would be https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x60ktex