Add an Image Slider widget to your site in order to display a set of images one after another in a row or column. You can add multiple images to display as a slideshow. Instead of having multiple image widgets cluttering your rows and columns, use a single image slider widget.
Grouping all of your photos into one widget is useful and saves a lot of space. However, certain cases require single images. For example, you may need a paragraph explaining a single image that cannot be included in a group of images in the image slider. To learn more about the image widget, see Add Images.
- To learn how to create an image slider as a background, see Background Image Slider.
- To learn more about adding premium images to your site, see Add Premium Images (Shutterstock Images).
To add the image slider widget:
- In the left panel, click Widgets.
- Click and drag the widget into your site.
To learn more about adding widgets to your site, see Add Widgets.
To access the content editor, right-click the widget, and click Edit Content.
To add an image to the slider, click Add Image or by click any blank image spot. This opens the image picker. You have the following options:
- Select the folder with images you want to use.
- Click the + icon to upload your own image.
- Click Full View for more image choice options.
In the Content Editor, click the gray X at the top corner of the image thumbnail to delete it.
Click an existing image in the content editor to open the Image Settings.
Edit and Replace Images
- To open the image picker and select a different image, click Replace.
- To open the built-in image editor to add features and styles to an image, click Edit.
You have the following additional options in the Image Settings:
- Add Link to Slide. Makes the whole image a button that can be linked.
- Slider Title. Adds large text to the slider image.
- Slider Caption. Adds smaller text to the slider image below the title text. Use the text editor to add color, emphasis (bold, italics and underline), and bullets to text in the caption box.
- Button. Adds a button to the slider image that can be linked like a button widget.
- Alt Text. Adds alternate text to display for SEO reasons or when the image cannot be displayed.
To access the design editor, right-click the widget, and click Edit Design.
On the design editor, scroll to transition and configure the following:
- Slider transition. Select Fade or Slide.
- Slideshow speed. Move the slider to select a speed between 1 and 20 seconds.
- Pause slideshow on hover.
- Content animation. Select an animation from the drop-down list.
Display Full Images
When images are added to the image slider, they will not be displayed in their natural dimensions. These images are displayed to fill the image slider dimensions, so images can become stretched or blurry. To display images in its natural dimensions, click the Display full image toggle.
For information about design options that are not specific to this widget (for example, layout, style, or spacing), see Widget Design.
Create A Testimonial Text Slider
To learn how to create a testimonial text slider without images, see the following video:
For more expert content, visit Duda University.