If you sell products that have multiple options (such as color and size), you can list them as one base product with different options. As a result, customers can select the options they prefer on the product page.
With product options, you may also:
- offer extras (for example, gift wrapping)
- ask buyers to upload a file for an ordered product or service
- offer multiple selections to configure the final product
To create product options:
- In the left panel, click eCommerce, and then click Manage Store.
- Click Catalog, and then click Products.
- Click the product you want to add options for, and then click the Options tab.
- Click +Add New Option.
- Type the name of the option (for example, Size).
- Select an Input Type from the drop-down list. For more information, see Input Types.
- Click +Add New Selection and add a name and price modifier for the option.
- Select which option value is the Default value. If the option requires a customer selection, select Do not preselect the default value.
- Click Save.
The following input types are available:
- Drop-down List. Allow selecting of one value from many choices. This is recommended when there are many choices shown in a compact list.
- Radio Buttons. Allow selecting of one value from many choices, such as colors.
- Size. Allows selecting one option from multiple size options.
- Checkboxes. Select multiple options at once (for example, pizza toppings).
- Text Field and Text Area. Allows customers to type any text for a product. This is often used for personalization, such as engraving or custom printing.
- Date Picker. Select a date for the product or service from a popup calendar.
- Upload Files. Attach files to the product or service.