What is the CCPA?
The CCPA, which entered into force on Jan. 1, 2020, is a California privacy law which extends new data privacy rights to California "consumers" (California residents), and requires businesses to provide consumers with thorough descriptions of their privacy practices. Such consumer rights include the right to access or delete personal information collected by a business and the right to opt out of a "sale" of personal information. However, transfers to "service providers" are not considered a "sale." Duda only discloses personal information to its service providers, as needed to provide, and improve its services.
Who does the CCPA affect?
The CCPA applies to organizations which either has (i) annual gross revenues in excess of twenty-five million dollars; or which annually buys, receives, sells, or shares for commercial purposes, alone or in combination, the personal information of 50,000 or more consumers, households, or devices; or which derives 50% or more of their annual revenues from "selling" (as this term is defined in the CCPA) consumers’ personal information.
Under the CCPA, 'Personal information' means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, including information pertaining to a specific device (namely IoT enabled devices) provided it could be used to identify a particular consumer.
Duda and the CCPA
Duda takes privacy and data protection matters seriously and welcomes the CCPA as a major step forward in shaping data protection requirements in the United States. Duda has completed a thorough review of the legal and technical impacts of the CCPA, and has made all required adjustments to our products, services, and documentation to be compliant with the CCPA. This gives Duda customers more control over their personal data practices and provides them with the necessary tools to protect the information of visitors to their Duda websites.
How does Duda ensure full compliance with the CCPA?
- Duda’s organizational policies have been updated to address the CCPA's requirements.
- Duda has conducted an encompassing legal and security audit to make sure all of our security measures and protocols are fully CCPA-compliant.
- Duda's staff has been trained of the CCPA's requirements and is fully aware of the need for strong data security and privacy practices across the entire company, and of consumers' rights under the CCPA.
- Duda has adjusted its operational procedures required to support consumers' rights and requests under the CCPA.
- We have updated all our legal documentation and agreements in light of CCPA requirements.
- We have enabled the following new feature:
- We have updated our Contact Form so our clients can now implement convenient methods to for their website visitors to submit consumer requests under the CCPA.
How do I submit CCPA related questions, concerns, or issues to Duda?
If you have questions about Duda and the CCPA, or wish to report a related issue, please contact Duda support as soon as possible by clicking the Help button in the bottom right corner, or by sending us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.