What happens when a subscription payment fails?
- Once a recurring payment has failed, your client will automatically get an email with notice and an option to update the payment method. You can customize this email.
- Depending on your dunning setting on Stripe, Stripe will automatically retry to charge the client.
- If the retries fail, additional emails will be sent.
- If your dunning setting on Stripe sets the subscription to cancel after a number of retries, it will be canceled, and the client will be notified by email.
- If the Keep Live automatic action is attached to the payment request, the relevant site will be unpublished, and you and the client will be notified by email.