Native eCommerce brings the full design flexibility of the Duda platform into your eCommerce store and leverages the power of dynamic pages and connected data to make managing products and product pages easy. With these benefits, you can have your store up and running in a matter of minutes.
When you create your store, the following are automatically created:
- Store. Your store is made up of the parts that shoppers see and interact with. This includes your store homepage, product pages, along with the Product Gallery and Shopping Cart widgets.
- Product Catalog. Initially, your Product Catalog is a list of sample products with pictures, names, descriptions, and prices.
- Native eCommerce account. Your account gives you access to configure store settings, including business information, taxes, payment, shipping methods, and discounts.
When you create your store, a Store Homepage and Product page are automatically created.
The Store Homepage is the entryway to your store. When you create your store, a default homepage is created with a Product Gallery widget that displays sample products. Shoppers will enter your store by clicking a product in the Product Gallery widget. The Product Gallery widget is automatically connected to fields in the Product Catalog.
The Product page is a dynamic page with a set of default widgets that display the details of a product. Each widget on the Product page uses connected data to connect to fields in the Product Catalog. When you make updates to your Product Catalog the changes will automatically display in your product pages. For example, if you update the price of a product in your Product Catalog, the change automatically displays on the corresponding product page.
To learn more about the Product page, see Product Page and Connected Widgets.
Your store uses the Product Gallery widget and Shopping Cart widget. The Product Gallery widget is automatically added to your Store Homepage when you create your store, but you can add it to any page. The Shopping Cart widget is where shoppers can click to view the items in their cart and begin the checkout process. The Shopping Cart widget is not automatically added to your store, you have to add it yourself.
You can add these widgets anywhere on your site by clicking Widgets in the side panel, then dragging and dropping the widget to the desired location.
The Product Catalog is a list of all your products where you can add new products and view or edit existing products. Each product field uses connected data to connect to the corresponding product pages. This means whenever you update a product in the Product Catalog, the changes automatically appear on the corresponding product page.
To learn more about the Product Catalog, see Product Catalog.
The Store Management section has two parts, Store Settings and Store Operations.
To access the Store Management section:
- In the side panel, click eCommerce.
- Click Store Management.
From here, you can click to expand the Store Settings and Store Operations sections.
The Store Settings section is where you configure and manage your business information, payment methods, tax rates, shipping methods, and discounts.
To learn how to configure the different store settings, see the following:
The Store Operations section is where the Product Catalog and orders are managed.
Add native store
If you have not created a site yet, you can select a native store template. Or, you can add a store to any existing site.
To add a store:
- In the side panel, click eCommerce, then click Add store to site.
- Select native store and click Add store to site.
Remove native store
If you no longer need a store, you can remove it.
To remove your store:
- In the side panel, click eCommerce, then click Store Management.
- Click the three horizontal dots () icon next to Store Management and select Remove Store.